Skip to main content
In order to be considered for a Saïd Foundation Scholarship all candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Hold Lebanese, Jordanian, Palestinian or Syrian, nationality. Candidates must permanently reside in the Foundation’s target region however the Foundation will consider Syrians residing elsewhere due to current circumstances in that country.
- Hold an undergraduate degree that is equivalent to a UK 2.1 degree or higher. Candidates who are in their final year of their undergraduate degree will also be considered.
- Have work and/or voluntary experience relevant to their field of study and a clear career path on completion of their studies and return to their home country or region.
- Demonstrate leadership potential in their chosen field or sector.
- Have applied for an eligible course at a Foundation partner university (or have legitimate exceptional reasons for applying for a non-partner university).
- Meet the Foundation’s English language requirements (IELTS of 6.0 overall with at least 6.0 in each band). Some universities have higher requirements so candidates are expected to meet these requirements too.
- Upload all required documentation.
Additional eligibility criteria for PhD/DPhil candidates:
In addition to the above criteria, candidates for PhD/DPhil programmes must also:
- Apply for a PhD or DPhil course at either the University of Oxford or the University of Cambridge only.
- Hold an existing teaching post at a university in their home country and who can clearly demonstrate the need for the proposed research in their home country.