The Saïd Foundation is registered as a charity in the UK and complies accordingly with its obligations under the UK Charities Act 2011 and Companies Act 2006. The Foundation is governed by a Board of Trustees that sets its policies, oversees its finances and monitors the implementation of its programmes. The Board meets twice a year and also delegates authority to four sub-committees that meet as necessary: Investment, Audit, Projects and Student Committees. The trustees are also directors of the Saïd Foundation for the purposes of company law.
Saïd Foundation Board of Trustees:
- Mr Wafic R Saïd, Chairman
- Mrs Rasha Saïd Khawaja
- Mrs Rosemary Saïd
- Mr Khaled Saïd
- Mr Jonathan Aitken
- Ms Ita Gallagher
- Mrs Sirine Idilby
- Sir Michael Peat GCVO
- Lord Powell of Bayswater KCMG
- Ms Catherine Roe
- Ms Nadine Zakaria
The Saïd Foundation is based in London. Its staff are:
- Ms Catherine Thomé - Chief Executive
- Mr Daniel Bird – Financial Controller
- Ms Emma Spittles – Scholarships Programme Manager
- Ms Fatema Zehra - Amal Programme Communications Manager
- Ms Fatima Mullick - Amal Programme Manager
- Ms Fouzia Iqbal - Office & Programmes Support Coordinator
- Mrs Hana Alhirsi-Evans - Amal Programme Grants Manager
- Mr Hani Jesri - Senior Adviser
The Saïd Business School Foundation (SBSF) was constituted as a charitable trust by deed and registered as a UK charity in 1998. The Saïd Foundation provides annual funding to SBSF for its Strategic Development Fund. The following Trustees are also trustees of the Saïd Business School Foundation: Mr Wafic Saïd, Mr Khaled Saïd and Lord Powell of Bayswater.
In 2010 the Saïd Foundation for Development (SFD) was established as a not-for-profit organisation registered under Syrian law with its own Board of Trustees. SFD applies to the Saïd Foundation for project funding to supports its programme in Syria. The SFD’s operations in Syria stopped in 2011 due to the conflict.
Mr Wafic Saïd is also a trustee and patron of the Saïd Foundation for Development.